Introduction to Module 1
Welcome to Module One. This module focuses on Residential Aged Care and aims to increase your awareness and understanding of the complexity of practice within this setting.
You will view 3 short films that follow a residents experience within residential aged care and by reflecting on the films you will be able to:
- analyse your attitudes towards ageing and service provision
- reflect on the complexity of care provided
- show an awareness of factors that influence funding
- describe the role of various people employed is this setting, and
- identify additional resources to enhance your learning.
At the end of the module you will be able to complete the assessment to receive a certificate of completion for Module 1.
Please note that the films are to provide a stimulus for reflection and discussion and not intended to necessarily represent ‘best practice’.
To help us continue to develop this resource your feedback is appreciated.