Introduction to Module 4
Welcome to Module 4 – Understanding Dementia
This module focuses on Understanding and Supporting individuals with Dementia. Module 4 aims to increase your awareness of the complexity of practice needed to truly support and provide person centered care someone with dementia.
You will view 5 short films that follow George Reed’s experience of having dementia and the challenges he faces when losing his close companion and the support she gave him. The films will also explore how the differences between dementia, depression and delirium can be difficult to identify.
By reflecting on the films you will be able to:
- analyse your attitudes towards individuals with dementia
- reflect on the value of providing person-centered care
- show an awareness of the differences between dementia, depression and delirium
- have an awareness of how participation in the right activity can impact positively on an individual’s health and well-being
- identify additional resources to enhance your learning.
At the end of the module you will be able to complete the assessment to receive a certificate of completion for Module 4.
Please note that the films are to provide a stimulus for reflection and discussion and not intended to necessarily represent ‘best practice’.
To help us continue to develop this resource your feedback is appreciated.